There are many ways to support the work of Fender Bender Detroit, here’s some of them:
- Drop by during open shop hours to help us part out donated bikes. Learn about the inner workings of a bike by taking one apart, all while helping us sort through our donated bikes and separating re-useable parts from future bike art. Open Shop resumes Spring 2015 at 4605 Cass Ave, Detroit.
- Donate your skills as a bike mechanic and lend a hand during open shop. We’re always looking to connect with more women and gender-nonconforming mechanics of all skill levels. Open Shop resumes Spring 2015 at 4605 Cass Ave, Detroit.
- Donate your fabulous energy and shrewd accounting skills by volunteering to work the door at one of our fundraising parties or events. Keep an eye out for event announcements and drop us a line on facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our event staffing volunteer list.
- Donate your skills as an artist or performer to one of our upcoming events! Fender Bender is always looking for women and gender-nonconforming DJs, drag performers, and live musicians to showcase at our events. Email email@example.com if you’d like to be added to our contact list for event performers.
- Donate your tenacity and outreach skills by helping us flyer for fundraisers & events. The internet can only do so much, what it really takes to get the word out is good old-fashioned flyering. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our outreach volunteer list.
- Donate a bike (or several!) The bicycle rental library is powered in large part by donations. We part out unused or damaged bikes, clean them up, and reassemble them into working wonders. They go on to support our work in transportation equity as low-cost short-term rentals. Email email@example.com or call 313-528-9549 to make a bicycle donation.
- Donate your old parts, bike tools, or spare box of tubes. Used to work on bikes, or just upgraded some part of your bike? The shop is always in need of parts and bike tools. Just give them to us and we’ll sort out whether they’re still functional or not. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313-528-9549 to make a donation.
- Donate your time and experience by volunteering for one of our group rides. We’re always in need of an extra corker, or someone with a great new route they’d like everyone to try out. As part of our ongoing gender equity work this volunteer option is open to women and gender-nonconforming volunteers only. Email email@example.com if you’d like to volunteer during an upcoming group ride.
- Donate your organizing, cleaning, or carpentry skills during one of our twice-monthly workdays. We use this time in our ongoing effort to improve the shop and its accessibility. Workdays are from 5:30-7:00pm on the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month, please contact us beforehand on facebook or by email.
- Last but not least, we can always use monetary donations. Much of our fundraising requires new materials (like event flyers & printing costs for annual fundraising calendars), and we always need supplies like bike grease and replacement tubes to keep the shop running. We accept donations in person during open shop or online via Paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks and much love to all our volunteers and contributors!